Friday, June 22, 2012

Introducing Baby Holley

As some of you know Evan Matthew Holley was born June 18, 2012 at 11:43am. He weighed 8lbs 10oz and was 20in long Doctors estimated his weight was going to be on the higher end and wanted to induce labor on the 18th. I was ok with it due to being over the pain and sleepless nights.

We went into the hospital at 730 am Monday and were already 4cm dilated. They got me all hooked up to iv's and meds. My doctor came in and broke my water at 8:20. I was scheduled to get my epidural at 10 and the doctor showed up around 10:30. By 10:45 epidural was in but wasn't strong enough due to them having concerns about my blood pressure dropping like last time with Anna. By 11 I was in pain and nurse checked and I was 6 cm. Nurse called doctor back to fix epidural. By 11:15 I was completely dilated. Took my doctor a bit to get there but by 11:30 we were preparing to push. I pushed thru 2 contractions and Evan was here. It went super quick.

Anna hasn't quite adjusted to Evan. Since we got home she's been a bit of a terror. Hoping it's just because of her being tired but I'm not so sure. She's been waking up crying and coming into our bed super early. This morning it was 6:15. However, she is constantly asking to hold the baby. We are working on being gentle.

No comments: