I don't often share embarrassing stories about myself, but to give all you blog readers a chuckle I figured I'd share my day at work. As most of you know we have gotten some ice here in central Indiana over the last 24 hours (more on the way). I had to work this morning and I should have been warned when I let Reese outside on the deck and she ended up on her belly.
I was traveling to my first call of a slide off. It was on a city street and when I got there and stopped my car is started to slide down a slope in the roadway. Little to say I couldn't stop what had already started and my car hit the curb. I didn't think I hit it that hard until I tried to move it after getting the other car out of the road. As I started to back up I heard the pop and a male came running up to my car saying "oh, oh, oh, you are going to need a tow truck". I got out to check it out and yep....my front passenger side wheel had broken off. Car towed!
Now my second call of the day was a 911 investigation. I got there and helped an elderly lady walk from her neighbors house back home to make sure she didn't fall down. Her driveway was sloped so I took the grass. As I got towards the bottom of the yard the lady started to say something to me. I turned around to find out what and yep....there went both feet out from under me. I fell on my right side and felt my head bounce (and I mean bounce) off the pavement. I have a bump on my head and some major pain in my right hip. The elderly lady said "Oh my goodness are you ok? That was a graceful fall." The whole time I was just thinking "Wow that really freakin hurt".
All bad things happen in 3's right? I only hope I can make it through the rest of my work day without breaking anything.
Be safe out there!
1 comment:
Now I understand your FB comment!! Hope the rest of your day went better and now you are safe at home-loving on Anna!!!
Post a Comment