Saturday, July 19, 2008

Much to my surprise

Yesterday I'm at work sitting behind a disabled vehicle when dispatch puts out a call. Dispatch said that a deputy had a subject at gunpoint on the interstate very near where I was. Thinking that the deputy was alone I went to help out. Well I got there and I saw at least 4 State Troopers and 3 deputy's. Well I recognized one of those Trooper cars to be Matt's. Then I see Matt yelling at someone on the side of the interstate.

I later learned from one of Matt's co-workers that Matt got into a pursuit with two motorcycles northbound on the interstate from Jackson Co. The motorcycles were traveling over 130 mph. GO MATT!!! Little to say they were caught and both taken to jail. No one injuried and no crashes.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

I am glad you understand your husband's job... I hate that Tony commutes so far to work everyday, I couldn't imagine him pursing another vehicle/motorcycle at 130+MPH on the interstate.

That is great that there were no crashes and no one was hurt.

Marcy said...

Of course... you both have very dangerous jobs, don't get me wrong. But I think having similar jobs helps you understand each other's choice to be a police officer/trooper.

Just wanted to clarify :)

Abby and Scott said...

I am glad everyone is alright! But, I understand how a day like that would be exciting for you guys!

Jaime said...

Oh, how cute. You guys can share a sweet work story. :) Just kidding. Here's a shout out to you guys not meeting up much.