Sunday, June 29, 2008

Speechless

I'm sure most of you have heard all the horrible stories from work. On a daily basis I don't see many good things or come into contact with many good people. Well last week I took a call of a juvenile problem and had a long talk with a 14 year old girl. I was heading to lunch today with Matt and this girl saw me pull into the parking lot. She ran across the street to say hi to me and was very excited to see me. A short time later her grandmother came up to me and asked if I would be the girls "Big Sister" or mentor. I was truly honored to be asked and wasn't really sure what to say. Grandmother told me after I left their residence last week this girl has done nothing but talk about me. I talk to a lot of kids and I must have made a big impact on this girl. Its time's like this that make me realize I'm in a very rewarding and great career!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Very cool. That's one of those good stories you don't get often.

Marcy said...

Wow Kelly, I'm sure that made for a great day. I know it's time consuming to be a "big sister" but I've heard great stories of success with it. Let us know what you decide to do. Either way I am sure her grandmother is very grateful for what you did for her granddaughter.