Friday, March 7, 2008

Locked Inside

Tonight at work was a super busy night. All the snow and all the accidents were overwhelming our department. So everybody was busy with other calls and I got sent on a business alarm at our industrial park. When I got there I found an open door on the side of the building. Typically when we find an open door on an alarm we go inside to check the business/house to make sure no one has broken in. Well when I went through the open door and it shut behind me I was locked inside the business. Yes.....I was stuck inside. The door had a magnetic lock on the top of the door that activated when it was shut. I went to the front door in attempts to open it and get out....again....no luck. I finally had to break down and tell the dispatcher that I was stuck inside the business and they really needed to contact a keyholder to come to the business. I was finally able to find a garage door that I could exit, but it left the business open.

I had to be connected with the business owner and he apologized for this incident happening to me and helped me secure the business and still get out.

My co-workers made fun of me ruthlessly and I doubt I'll ever live that moment down at my work. But I found it too funny not to share with everyone else.

1 comment: