Monday, August 13, 2007

I know it has been a long delay since the last time I have updated this. But it's like I said in the beginning. I don't have that exciting of a life and not much happens to me that is worth sharing. However, it is finally time to update.

Well it has been a fairly busy summer. Matt has been in two weddings and I was in one the first weekend of August. The wedding I was in was one of my best friends from college. I went to the police academy with the groom and his bride was nice enough to ask me to be in the wedding party. After this last wedding, I will have to politely decline to ever be in another wedding. And it really makes me question whether I want to go through all that when the time comes for me. Only time will tell.

On another note....I got new bedroom furniture. It is the first time I have ever purchased brand new bedroom furniture. The old furniture I was using I had purchased from a neighbor at the apartment I used to live in. After a lot of looking I found a bed and two nightstands at Sofa Express. They called and said they would be there to deliever the furniture between 3:15 and 7:15pm. Well they showed up at 9:10pm. Matt was not happy. When I got home from work that night I was rather surprised. I now need a step stool to get in and out of my own bed (so Jaime or Kristen could you please let me know where you got the nice ones you use for the kiddos). I feel dwarfed, but it's so comfortable I don't want to get up in the mornings.

Well finally I had an act of stupidity yesterday. I had just gotten home from the gym and was trying to hurry up and make lunch before I needed to get ready for work. I was making some yummy Raviolio's in the microwave. When I attempted to take the bowl out of the microwave I dropped it. Well little to say I was only wearing my gym shorts and a sport's bra and I had very hot food splatter all over my stomach. It was so hot when it landed on me the burns started to blister within 5 minutes. So in my haste of getting ready for work I had to find a Fireman that I knew was an EMT. I got loaded up with some burn creams and wrapped up real good so I could put my vest and duty belt on for work. I had a very uncomfortable night at work, but today its feeling much better. I tried to take pictures, but I'm not real good at taking them myself or else I would post them. Let's just say I will never cook food without a shirt on again.

No comments: