Monday, June 18, 2007

For those who don't know my boyfriend, Matt, he is a recruit with the Indiana State Police. He has approximately 3 weeks left in the academy and he found out on Friday that he is going to be stationed at the Seymour Post. I can tell you I'm glad he isn't getting shipped up north to work the toll roads and now he can stay locally. He's gone through an awful lot in the past 21 wks. there. I thought my academy was rough....his is 10x's worse then mine ever was.

Work for me has been busy the past few weeks. Summer hits and all the kiddos get out of school and they all decide to wreak havoc on the city. I like being busy though it makes the time go by a lot quicker. Last week I had my first experience of testifying in front of a jury trial. Hopefully the next one I won't be so nervous. I've never been a good public speaker, but I think I did ok.

Reese has been doing good. She's growing a little bit but not enough for anyone but me to notice. I'm so glad I decided to get a dog. She's so much fun and she almost always makes me smile when I'm having a rough day. It's nice coming home to someone who is so happy to see me at the end of the day. She's gotten so cute too. She used to look like a puppy and she doesn't so much anymore. I love how the miniture pinscher's always cock their head's to the side when you talk to them and it makes it look like they are really listening. I just think it's so cute.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I couldn't imagine going to testify in front of a jury! I am sure you did great.

Our dog does the same thing with cocking her head to the side when we talk to her. She has also mastered the pitiful look to get sympathy or when she thinks she deserves more food. She loves that I am home all day and thinks that every snack I get I should be sharing with her. She has been great company for me so I can totally relate to how you feel when you see her at the end of a long day. She is an adorable dog!