Well I had to take Reese to the vet yesterday for another round of shots. She got two yesterday and by last night she wouldn't come anywhere near me. I would start to walk towards her or try to lay by her and she would back away from me. Little to say it hurt my feelings a little bit, but if someone took me to get two shots I wouldn't want to be around them either. While at the vet the doctor recommended I take the little squirt to obedience classes (she tried to bite the doctor and he didn't like that). So I guess I'll have to look into those. Reese has grown a little bit. She is now up to 3.2 lbs. The doctor said she looks great and asked if she was fast. When its time for me to go to work, Reese likes to play "let's run all over the house from mom and make her chase me" but she knows that I can't get under the bed so that's where she likes to hide. I also had a very hard time cutting Reese's nails yesterday. When I tried to do it myself she took a big bite out of my finger. I had to call for reinforcements. I called my neighbor Jen to come over and cut the nails while I held Reese's head to save us all. Boy no wonder Reese was so mad at me yesterday.
Work news, it has been officially decided that the department is going to 12 hr. shifts. I don't think I'm real fond of 12 hrs. at work, but I'll have to wait and try it out before I say for sure that I hate it.
3 comments:
When do you start the 12 hour shifts?
It is either going to be July '07 or Jan. '08. It is still up for debate on the offical start date.
I read your Reese story and it takes Scott and I back to when Cooper was a puppy : ) He was a little biter too. Don't worry, she will grow out of it, just stay on top of the discipline. About the obedience classes, i just really feel that they would be useless on a Minpin... they are such a determined breed to do what they want to do, i think all the training in the world would just go out the window!!!
Hope all works out at work!
Post a Comment